Faced with the delays accumulated in waste management regulations in the USA and faced with the inability of elected officials to organize, the state took more drastic measures
hence the deadline of the year 2022 set by the new law which imposes recycling and compulsory recovery of all waste that may be.
Today to meet these environmental objectives, recycling service providers must therefore reach higher standards. The plan, which spans two periods, has entered in a concrete phase.
Waste management that is in line with federal law
At all times, man was aware that he was located in a environment, but today the need to protect it is becoming imperative. Indeed, in the face of various threats, long ignored, which weaken our environment and of which awareness was late, the requirements now are such that a real social demand for the guarantee of an environment emerges likely to bring personal and collective fulfillment.
In this context of rules must be applied in order to define what to do and what not to to do in the protection of the environment; these rules constitute the right which is therefore called upon to play an eminent role. Also, an environmental law has developed over time and has taken on the extent. In addition, the management and treatment of waste cannot be improvised since they fit into a specific legal framework.
Thus, the regulation on waste management fits into federal environmental law which in this case constitutes the general framework hence the interest of defining it beforehand and this in a non-exhaustive way as this subject is vast.
The dumpster rental situation
In the aftermath of World War II, Europe was ruined and weakened. This is why, faced with the stigma of war, France, Italy, FRG, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands direct their concerns towards reconstruction, security, peace, production. Therefore, originally the European community had an economic objective so that the EEC Treaty did not include any specific environmental provision; the need to protect the environment was not glaring; moreover, the problems relating to environment were therefore not on the agenda at all.
Only two articles alluded to the environment more or less: one which uses terms of “harmonious development and balanced expansion, and another one which allows states to prohibit or restrict the free movement of goods on the grounds of “protecting the life and health of persons and animals or animal welfare.
According to experts at a Louisville dumpster rental company, it follows that federal environmental policy has only emerged in the 1970s. In fact, it was in 1975 that the first directives relating to to the environment were introduced at a summit in October 1972. This new environmental policy revolved around thirteen points which are as follows:
- The best environmental policy is to avoid the creation of pollution from the outset or nuisances and not to combat after the fact the effects of these pollution and nuisances;
- Environmental policy can and go hand in hand with economic development and social;
- The impact of all technical processes should be taken into account as early as possible environmental planning and decision-making;
- Any exploitation of resources and the natural environment resulting in appreciable damage to ecological balance must be avoided;
- The level of scientific and technological knowledge, with a view to more effective action to preserve and improve the environment and the fight against pollution and nuisances. It is therefore necessary to promote research for these purposes;
- The facts caused by the prevention and elimination of nuisances are incumbent, by principle, to pollute;
- Care should be taken to ensure that the activities pursued in a State do not lead to environmental degradation in another state;
- The States must, in their national policies of environment, take into account the interests of developing countries, and, in in particular, examine the possible repercussions of the measures envisaged within the framework of these policies on the economic development of these states;
- The Community and the States must make their voices heard within the international organizations dealing with environmental aspects and provide in these pregnant a general contribution;
- Protecting the environment is everyone’s business in the community, and it is therefore that public opinion realize its importance;
- For each different type of pollution, the best action level should be sought adapted to the nature of this pollution;
- Important aspects of environmental policy should no longer be considered and carried out in isolation;
- The environmental policy in the Community strives, as far as possible, to the aim of coordinating and harmonizing national policies without hampering progress which, at the state level, has already been made or could be made. Such progress must be made in a form that does not jeopardize the proper functioning of the local markets.